I really like the way she talked about RACISM last night at the training. It was a mistake that I didn't get her name and talk to her after the talk. In fact, I should. She brought up the issue of racism in the United States in a very comfortable manner. Therefore, it made everyone willing to share their racism experience comfortably.
Before the talk began, she told everyone to shift their seat according to the color of shirt they wore. Those who wore black stayed at the right and those with white stayed at the left and etc. I was kinda annoyed when she shifted us to a different place because I was sitting on my seat comfortably and kinda reluctant to move my ass. Anyways, she explained the reason why she did that. She asked, why would people tend to put people into different boxes or categories? This topic has always been controversially complicated.

No comments:
Post a Comment